Digital content creation is an important part of digital strategy. Every piece of content you create—including eNewsletters, white papers, blog posts, case studies and more—should be carefully crafted and designed to drive prospects to your brand, multiply organic reach and increase conversions.
Digital Content Creation: 6 Steps to Success
After you have identified your target audience, there are several steps that can help improve the quality and impact of the digital content creation process. Although some steps may not be appropriate for all types of content, they are generally applicable to most of the content generated by B2B brands.
- Determine the purpose. Different types of content have different purposes. For example, while case studies demonstrate your organization’s experience and expertise in specific areas, contributed articles may be intended to inject your brand into conversions about newsworthy topics. By determining the purpose at the beginning of the content creation process, you can improve the likelihood that your content will achieve the desired results.
- Create useful, quality content. In digital content creation, the rule of thumb is that every piece content you create must be useful and relevant to the target audience. The more useful the content is, the easier it will be for audiences to contextualize it to their situations and share it with others in their circles of influence.
- Promote content on social media. Share different content on each of your social media networks to expand your brand’s reach and add scale to campaigns. The content you share on each site should be unique to give your followers a reason to follow you on more than one network. Blog posts and other types of content that have a lot of views, likes and shares usually deliver higher search engine rankings.
- Utilize photos and multimedia. Supplement your written content with photos, infographics and videos. According to a study by MDG Advertising, content paired with captivating images gets 94 percent more total views on average than those without. The same MDG Advertising statistic reveals that 67 percent of online consumers consider clear, detailed photos to be more important than product information or customer ratings.
- Implement an SEO program. Instead of guessing keywords to use throughout your content and hoping that it resonates with the audience, it’s more beneficial to implement a formal SEO strategy that leverages Google tools and other resources. A strong SEO program helps you discover the most searched, valuable terms for your location and industry.
- Track and analyze content. Ideally, your analytics program should go beyond simple page views to evaluate the online behaviors of the individuals who are viewing specific pieces of digital content. Additionally, it’s important remain aware of how well you rank in the top search engines and continuously aim to improve those rankings.
At Walker Sands Digital, we specialize in digital content creation for B2B brands across a variety of industries. We offer a comprehensive range of content marketing solutions designed to help you take your content to the next level. Call us at (312) 267-0066 to get started.